Development of a ultra-narrow line width (sub-100 Hz) laser oscillator:
Non Planar Ring Oscillator (NPRO) with a Lorentian line-width of < 100 Hz at 1064 nm.
- Design and fabrication of a high stability high finesse zerodur spaced reference cavity
- Frequency locking two NPRO laser using Pound-Drever-Hall technique (PDH) to the confocal reference cavity
- Isolate the reference cavity from environmental influences to serve as an absolute reference cavity
- The target is to achieve sub-100 Hz line-width over 1 sec.
Heterodyne beat setup to measure sub-100 Hz line-width of two NPRO Lasers
ESA trace of the Heterodyne beat signal of NPRO laser
Development of suspended mirror Fabry-Perot Cavity:
A suspended mirror Fabry-Perot Cavity as a test setup for the Controls Team. The suspended mirror Fabry-Perot Cavity will be designed to achieve a finesse of 400 or higher to match the final requirements for the Control system in LIGO
- Design and fabrication of a high mechanical Q optics suspension
- Design and development of the electro-magnetic actuation system for the suspended optics
- Set-up will be developed with three degrees of freedom for each optic; x, y and z. with a total of six-degrees of freedom for the Fabry-Perot cavity