LIGO-India Site Survey
Tests conducted at Site
Technical requirements and restriction from scientific performance
a) Seismic noise power spectral density
b) Anthropogenic noise sources -> present & future
c) Operational logistics
- Feasibility of Land Acquisition : Detailed site acquisition study for shortlisted site. Identifying plots to be acquired on village maps, ownership data, land acquisition procedure, time-lines & risks
- Engineering feasibility of LIGO-India base construction : Study by Tata Consulting Engineers Ltd. -- for site recommended Issues and concerns to be discussed for site (Apr 13, 2016 meeting)
- Annual rainfall and maximum intensity
- High flood level
- Side slope of cut in proposed elevation
- Feasibility of attaining proposed terrace level
Images of the Site
LI Site acquisition & Prep
- Land Acquisition Status : 99% complete
- Formally in construction phase: Tenders for Construction of Site Office ( Future Estate office)
- Environmental Clearance of the Project received from State SEIAA
- Geo-technical survey for soil sampling has been completed. Preliminary report received. Detailed report in preparation.
- Seismological survey with 5 stations over 1 year: MOU with Natl. Geophys. Res. Inst. (NGRI) –Feb 2019. NGRI has installed One Seismograph near LIO
- Demand note for Power (5MW) & water supply cost from district agencies.
- Procurement of an All weather station for installation at site.
- Survey for approach road to LIGO site initiated.
- Advanced stage of campus land acquisitions in neighboring town and city.