Gravitational Wave Science Communicators Programme
The LIGO-India Education and Public Outreach (LIEPO) team in collaboration with IISER-Pune SMC is excited to announce the Gravitational Wave Science Communicators Programme (GWSCP) - a unique initiative for students and educators interested in Gravitational Wave (GW) science and communication. Shortlisted participants will be provided with the necessary training on science communication and soft skills by experts. The programme will also provide the winners the possibility to collaborate and work with the LIEPO team closely to communicate GW Science to the public. This programme is open for UG-PG students, college teachers and educators having science background. The GWSCP workshops will take place online from 25th Jan to 14 Feb 2021.
Highlights of the programme:
- Exciting opportunity to Learn GW Science from GW Scholars and GW Scientists.
- Recognition from LIGO-India as a "GW Science Communicator" (Valid for 1 year only).
- Possibility to collaborate with the LIEPO team.
- One-of-a-kind opportunity for selected teachers to get recommended by LIEPO team for the LIGO IPA programme - (https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/page/lho-ipa-pd) International Physics & Astronomy Educator Programme | LIGO | Hanford.
Students and Teachers are highly encouraged to apply immediately!
1) Selected students will receive a detailed schedule on their registered email id by 21st Jan 2021.
2) The programme is limited to 100 participants.
Application Link: tiny.cc/GWSCP
Last date of Application: 18th Jan 2021